Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Robyn and I are still concerned about the female eagle's well-being. In the period in which I began paying close attention to these two eagle's activities, around the first of January, there have been days that I have not seen them. But, to my recollection, there hasn't been one day that I would see one without the other. On Saturday, February 21, the two were inseparable for the entire day of observation. Robyn's pict was taken that morning. On Sunday I spotted the male (I'm quite sure) alone on a familiar perch just below the dam. There was no eagle near him or the possible nest at that time. Today I observed an eagle (again, looked like the male) perched in that tree near the nest. He was alone 'til the light faded. We hope that she's ok. I'll keep on looking for her. Paul Miksis

No comments:

Post a Comment